Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Favorite Friday Numero Uno!!

In an effort to force myself to do some regular blogging and to ward off writer’s block, I thought I would start a weekly post sharing some favorite things in my life…

There are a whole loss lame than raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens (sorry, Dame Julie Andrews) and they don’t fit nicely in a Rodgers and Hammerstein score, but they are a big part of who I am.


My favorite Book: Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman



If I could get a job, where I could just read books all day with a mug of tea and not be disturbed, then I would be the best employee ever.

There really isn’t a book I won’t at least attempt to read (Except maybe the rest of the Twililight series, but is because of the annoying overhyping and I’ve already read the synopsis on Wikopedia.WTF?) and the only book I absolutely hated was Faulkner’s As I Lay Dying. (Again, WTF?) Seriously, if I knew where he was buried, I would dig him up and throttle his skeleton for subjecting that abomination to 10th grade English students everywhere.

I have shelves of books that I read over and over again, but Good Omens ranks at the top.

It’s the end times in Good Omens, the Antichrist is about to be “born” to an American diplomat in England. Except that there’s been a bit of a mix up in the nursery. The American diplomat takes home a perfectly normal baby, while a perfectly normal and unknowing English family brings home the spawn of Satan, named Adam. (This would probably happen if Woody Allen directed The Omen.)

Enter the demon Crowely and the angel Aziraphale, frienemies, who have established comfortable lives on earth respectively and don’t want it to end on Judgment Day. Together they set out to search for Adam, who has now grown up to be a very normal 11 year old besides the fact that he possesses some interesting powers and a big black dog he can’t explain, to try to convince him not to bring on the Apocalypse just quite yet.

Except for the fact that they aren’t the only ones looking for him. Hilarity ensues.

No comments:

Post a Comment