Thursday, July 22, 2010

Favorite Friday #2

I'll be leaving in a week for a much needed vaca...

....which leads me to Favorite Friday #2: Maine

My Family has been going on vacation to Boothbay Harbor, Maine, my whole life. It's a serious family tradition. My Dad has gone there for vacation his entire life (except once, when he went to play soccer in England on summer) and my grandfather went camping there as a kid.

For one week, 30+ family members will converge from all parts of North America to rent cottages, drink beer and reminisce ("The sea was angry that day...").

Now the family vacation in itself hasn't always been my favorite thing ever (introverted, acne prone teenager + rowdy family members = Bad News Bears) but the the surrounding environment hasn't failed me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment