Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FML

My hard drive crashed last week. Again.

I had just come back from work and was ready for a little bit of Facebook stalking before I did some yoga. I opened up my laptop, hit the power button and…

Blinkie white light of death.

Even after restarting the computer, I still got a blinking white light in the upper left corner of the screen.

Did I mentioned that this isn’t the first time this has happened? This would be the third.

This first time, I paid $100 to have some IT guy at my Dad’s office claim it was a virus and “formatted” my hard drive which resulted in me losing the first three seasons of The Office, that were my go to sleep aid when I woke up in the middle of the night. I’m still feeling the effects months later.

Things were ok for while, (after I had painstakingly re-added my itunes library.)

Then it crashed again. So much for the virus theory.

This time, Chris worked some magic and the laptop was up and running again. (Minus half my photos this time)

The laptop is not really in constant use as it was in college. It sleeps all day and I really only use it for my email, facebook and now this. Pretty cushy retirement. So you can imagine my frustration last week when the damn thing decided to stay in a vegetative state.

This time, I am taking no chances. I am buying a whole new hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment