Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why am I here again?

Things really do have a habit of working out in ways that you don’t really expect. Take my current situation:

I’ve moved to New Jersey. Voluntarily.

When I started College, I thought I would come out successfully employed. I would have a fantastic writing job in (insert glamorous cosmopolitan city), where I could have fantastically hip life writing about fantastically hip things.

Eh. Not so much.

If I had been told a year ago, that instead of working in New York at a publishing house/newspaper/magazine, I would have a job as basically a Pharmaceutical Editor, reading miles and miles of Clinical Studies, at a predominantly Korean company, earning barely enough to pay rent in the state with the highest property taxes, Past Me would have laughed for a good solid hour, then taken poor Future Me out for LIT Night, out of pity.

In order that the creative part of my brain doesn’t shrivel up and die and I feel like I am doing something hip with my life, I have decided to jump on the proverbial band wagon and start this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment